Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Ray & Scott Ltd and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Ray & Scott Ltd is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our stores or use our web site, provides you with information about:
· How we use your data
· What personal data we collect
· How we protect your data
· Your legal rights relating to your personal data
· Our legitimate interests
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Ray & Scott Ltd uses your data:
· To provide goods and services to you
· To manage any registered accounts you hold with us
· To verify your identity
· To contact you about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you
· For market research purposes – to better understand your needs
· For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
· Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Where and only when requested by you we will:
To opt-out of receiving any such communications, you can use the facility contained in any such communication or you can email us, at the email address below or write to us by mail to the address below stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us.
Ray & Scott Ltd, The Bridge, St Sampsons, Guernsey, Channel Islands, GY2 4QF
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Ray & Scott Ltd may collect the following information about you:
· your name, age/date of birth and gender
· your contact details, including postal address, telephone and email address
· when you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details
· copies of any correspondence between us.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Ray & Scott Ltd is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. We do this by:
· encrypting data where appropriate
· establishing service contracts with third party service providers
· regularly reviewing security of our IT systems
· ensuring data is stored securely and is accessible only to those whose job requires it
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS RELATING TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the following legal rights:
· the right to ask what personal data we hold about you
· the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect data
· the right to opt out of any marketing communication we may send you
· the right to ask us to delete your personal data.
OUR LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
The normal legal basis for processing customer data is that it is necessary for the legitimate business interests of Ray & Scott Ltd, including:
· Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers
· Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
· Sending promotional communications which are relevant to individual customers
· Understanding our customers behaviour, activities, preferences and needs
· Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services
· Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
· Preventing, detecting and investigating all forms of crime and prosecuting offenders
· Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare
· Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
· Managing insurance claims
· Fulfilling our duties to our customers and employees
Ray & Scott Ltd only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to us and to you and for no other purposes.
SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our trusted service providers. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
OTHER THIRD PARTIES
Aside from our service providers Ray & Scott Ltd will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
· Credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments
· States bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts, tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so to comply with our legal obligations
· To exercise our legal right (for example in court cases)
· For the prevention, detection and investigation of crime or the prosecution of offenders
· For the protection of our employees and customers.
COOKIES AND OTHER SUCH DEVICES
A cookie is a small amount of data sent from our server and stored on your computer's hard drive. We collect, via a cookie, anonymous usage data with Google Analytics to improve the usability and security of the Website. At any time you are able to turn off cookies in the options in your browser.
HOW LONG WE KEEP DATA
We will not retain data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however we would not normally keep data for more than 10 years.
SECURITY / HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Where possible we use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of:
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access however any transmission of information submitted by you is carried out at your own risk.
You can email us with any questions or queries at firstname.lastname@example.org